Original Tell: At first the Mexican boys were dubious
Showing:
“What you doin’ here, pretty boy?” one dancer asked. His friends laughed.
Jo Seung shrugged and smiled easily. “I’m here to dance.”
The dancer circled him, eyeing him up and down. “Asian boys don’t dance - you just work too hard in school and eat lots of rice.”
“I dance,” Jo Seung said.
The other boys exchanged derisive smiles, laughed again. The dancer stepped back and gestured to the linoleum mat. “Show us what you got, pretty Asian boy.”
“My name is Kim Jo Seung,” he said. “Remember that.” And he proceeded to defy the laws of gravity and human flexibility.
1 comment:
I liked the imagery of 'defying the laws of gravity and human flexibility, it really tells how skillful he is. I also like how he is the slightest bit cocky. I also like how it is breaking racial stereotypes.
Post a Comment