“What are they arguing about now?” Leonard asked.
Thom chewed idly on a carrot stick. “Same old thing - Asia says Jesse deserves something better; Jesse says she’s what he wants.”
Leonard leaned closer to the glass, trying to read their lips. “What’s her problem? Jesse’s handsome and talented - he loves her.”
On the other side of the glass, Asia and Jesse were pacing back and forth, shouting at each other. For one moment, Asia had Jesse backed against the engineer’s panel, hissing invectives that made Jesse’s face go pale. Then he lunged at her, shouting right back, and she retreated, eyes wide.
“You know how in the film he’s meant to have pretty golden eyes?” Thom asked. “She’s got the golden eyes the director was looking for. Never seen another person with eyes like that.”
“You’re missing the fight,” Leonard said. “Judging by their body language during the argument, they’ve been pretty close. I can’t tell who’s got the upper hand yet.”
“I’d say Asia.” Thom lifted his chin to where Asia was standing with her back to Jesse while he tried to talk to her.
“Really?” Leonard asked.
Thom saw Jesse take a deep breath, readying himself for something drastic. He opened his mouth, and Thom saw the words start to form, but Jesse didn’t get a chance to say them.
“What follows more she murders with a kiss,” Thom said, and Leonard gaped.
The two boys stared, and then Leonard swallowed. “I’ve never been kissed like that.”
(Word count: 249; features my favorite line from Shakespeare's Venus and Adonis)
1 comment:
Wow I had never read that one before. I like how you worked it into the Dagaz story line.
Post a Comment