Monday, March 30, 2009

Overview #21 - Epistolary

So I think I did all right. Sometimes there was some non-epistolary narration thrown in, but for the most part I did all right. I don't know that I captured the different writers' voices as fully as I'd've liked, but then there was a word restriction, and if I want to improve I should be able to make writing vivid even in a short space. I tried to use different methods of epistolary communication - the dorm-style exchange on the communal whiteboard, text messages, actual letters, notes, and other random things. There are so many reasons why people write to each other, and I tried to think of them all. I was especially proud of the exchange of letters over the kidnapping and possible killing - that was good times. Writing a novel purely in letter form would be wicked hard, though.

No comments: