They trudged through the dungeon, motley assortment of weapons and armor slung over shoulders and cinched uncomfortably around ill-suited torsos. They were wary of each other, leery of backstabbing at any moment, of thieving and betrayal.
And then a door loomed ahead.
Someone said, "Kick it down."
No response.
"Kick it down, already. It's your turn, Chaz."
Chaz booted the door down with little enthusiasm. A small Mortal Kom Bat hovered, waiting to take him on. Chaz hefted his sword. "Anyone going to screw me over? Anyone? Anyone at all? I'm going to kill it in three, two, one..."
None of the others said a thing, and Chaz dispatched the creature quickly. He fished his reward off the pile with trepidation, and then the party erupted into laughter.
Someone said, "You should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon."
2 comments:
HAHA! I love Munchkin!
I do, too. I miss playing it a lot.
Post a Comment