Sunday, September 27, 2009

Overview #43: Voices

This was a hard one for me. Funny how the challenges I issue are always the hardest for me. It was difficult to find different way to go into characters' voices in the Carolyn-verse, especially given that four of them are singers. I decided to give Scott some solo singing love, because I could totally see him singing a highly inappropriate lullaby to a baby. I don't think Clay and Bob's voices are really all that similar, but sometimes when I close my eyes and listen to them speak, it's easy to get them mixed up. I was sad that no one went out for a mini-essay. It was fun to try Carolyn's voice in epistolary form. Honestly, I think the best post of the week was the one about Kevin remembering his sons' voices, especially since he was with them all growing up and listened to their voices change. Still, this was a fun exercise in learning how people's voices serve as memory triggers and how much voice, in its literal or literary form, can play a huge part in a story.

Also, I could not resist at least one "chipmunks" dig at the boys.

...I think I'm the only one who went all six days this week. I guess...technically...this week's prize is mine. Head on over to the Shop and find it!

Jaded Chaos, you're on!

No comments: