Sunday, January 31, 2010

Overview #57: Weather Poetry

So in my shame, weather poetry became more like seasonal poetry (Halloween and Summer, anyone at all?) and I think, surrounded by terrible cold and dirty snow made me want to write mostly about how horrible winter is, and that would have been boring. I think I went a long way in sticking to concrete imagery, but in doing so I lost out on emotion and themes. By the end of the week, all my poems were starting to sound the same to me. I'm not a poet, and I know it, but it was fun, ignoring things like definite and indefinite articles and not having to worry about plot or characters.

It was a growing exercise for me, but I'm not sure how much I genuinely improved at the art of poetry.

Still, another week is here, and I shall write on.

No comments: