I totally had fun writing in first person POV this week. IT was interesting the difference in the immediacy of the scene when writing from that POV rather than another.
I started the week not really knowing what to write about, and then a situation popped into my head. A man in the hospital with no memory of who he was or how he got there.
And since I enjoyed writing the first person POV so much, I created Sarah. I wanted to challenge myself to write a scene in which a sense was missing, but have it not be so noticeable.
I was a little stuck with what to write next, but I looked around and spotted my renaissance dress and that gave me the idea for Anne and Jane. it was interesting that I had originally thought to have the scene more about Anne, but it shifted to focus on little Jane. It was also interesting to write two new characters in a scene and try to make each of them distinct from the first person POV. I like how Anne focused on Jane.
I also liked the help I got in the re-write of the additional post for Sarah and Chris.
No comments:
Post a Comment