First of all...\o/ Yay! We're back! We've made it through a full week of the game, we have new players, and it looks like we're getting back on our feet. This makes me decidedly excited, and I'm hoping we stay in the loop and pick up the pace so that by the end of this year we will all be noticeably better writers.
So...this week I kind of cheated. A little. Instead of cooking up all new characters I went back and resurrected characters from a 'verse I worked in briefly and gave them some more depth, studied them some more. I've always wanted to give urban fantasy a genuine shot, and I think this might be my chance. I got to know the characters better, fleshed them out some more, and then at the end I introduced two genuinely new characters to throw into the universe for good measure. I learned lots from my fellow writers as well, about how to balance physical description with temporal existence, personality, and small details. 100 words isn't a lot, but I learned that a good writer will make every word count.
Since I issued last week's challenge, it's my honor and privilege to pick the winner, and this week it is...
XYLAS!
That's right. You won. Because you wrote well, and best of all, you left really great constructive feedback. So...request your prize!
For a refresher on how prizes work, check here.
1 comment:
Thanks for giving me the nod, Nagi. I appreciate it. I'm glad you invited me to this little place! I like what goes on here, and I'm happy to be a small part of it.
I'm a big fan of double-entendre. I'd like a literal onion. But not literally. You know. Mnemonically literal. Size and topic doesn't matter. Just give me layers and perspective that could be up to interpretation. :D
Post a Comment