Monday, December 22, 2008

Overview #8 - Writer's Tennis

This was an interesting exercise. Sometimes I could tell where Madness was going with what she wrote, and sometimes I had no clue where she was taking her angle. It was an interesting interplay between writers. I sensed that we had different senses of drama, romance, and even the characters we wrote (though Angela was clearly the protagonist and we came to a fairly early consensus on Kenneth). This exercise has proven to me that, for all the fun that it was batting the ball back to the other side of the net and sitting back, Schadenfreude at the ready, to see what the other person came up with, for two writers to properly collaborate there needs to be an endgame plan at the ready, some sort of agreement for events and happenings and who will handle what to have a consistent narrative. Still, it was good times, building a world together. I do confess to having serious Schadenfreude moments of thwart! in me, but all the same, writing with a friend, and actually working with each other as opposed to merely occupying the same corner of cyberspace, was a fun ride.

No comments: