Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Overview #9 - Multifandom No Dialogue

This was both fun and hard! It was fun trying out some fandoms I'm admittedly not that good at, as well as exploring others I know and love. However, writing without dialogue was bloody difficult. It can make for shorter writing and some more pithy humor, but dialogue seems to be my forte and a couple of times I sat down to write and then realized I'd included dialogue. I find that what characters say is often one of the best ways to develop a character, and so having to write without it, even for some of the more quiet characters like Squall, Farfarello, and Nagi, was harder than I'd initially thought. Still, it was a good challenge, even though the holidays ended up making me a little backlogged. Good times to be had all around! I do think fandom challenges are pretty simple when we know we might be busy.

No comments: