"Don't antagonize the dragons. You told him this, Helena?"
"Word for word, sir."
"I see. Then why is Sir Cyrano's leg lying at the entrance of that cave over there?"
"Probably because Sir Cyrano skipped the Dragon's Horde 101 lecture in his second year of Squire School and thought the treasure lying in the back of the cave was just waiting for a new owner, sir."
"Helena, aren't you supposed to be locked up in a tower, in distress?"
"I was, sir, but Sir Cyrano did make it all the way through the Rescue a Fair Maiden course in his final year of Squire School."
"Of course he did. Well, why don't you have the Wicked Witch escort you back to the top of the tower, and you just wait until the next knight-in-training comes along, and I'll tell Sir Cyrano's parents that they've lost their sixth son."
"Sixth?"
"I have hopes for their seventh. Seventh son of a seventh son and all."
No comments:
Post a Comment