The frame was made of wood, a deep, dark, reddish hue that was inconsistent in gradation around the frame, as the frame was clearly constructed of multiple panels not all of the same section of tree, if from the same tree at all. The face was parchment-colored, off-white, like fine paper, and roman numerals were gracefully calligraphed in even intervals around the circular face, upside down at the bottom but legible all the same. Smaller rectangular notations formed a broken circle inside the implied ring of roman numerals, marking off each minute. A hole cut in the center of the face revealed an extensive network of golden cogs, wheels, dials, and spinners, out of which sprouted delicate wrought-iron hands in black, one long, one wide, one hours, one minutes.
Together they all spun and kept lovely time.
(140 words)
1 comment:
I thought to do a clock, but I couldn't get it to come out right. I am glad that you got it.
Post a Comment