Sunday, May 17, 2009

Overview #25 and #26

So I failed a couple of overviews in a row. Them's the breaks, I guess. It was fun, cobbling together dialogue out of random things like song lyrics and poems. To make it really work, I'd have to fiddle with the quotes a bit, what I came up with from direct quotes worked pretty well. It was difficult to establish true character, but at least two subject positions could be clearly defined creating dialogue that way. As much as I love dialogue, writing so much of it here gets it out of my system, because in rereading some old online fiction, I've discovered that pointless dialogue for the sake of witty exchanges is a mark of immature writing. Still, sometimes, when practicing with a character, it's fun.

The midnight challenge was pretty good times. It reminded me of late nights with my friends and all the things you can say in the sombreness of darkness that no one dares breach during the day. It was also fun to let Bob and the boys out of their boxes a little more to explore the Dagaz universe and possibilities for Asia.

No comments: