Days off mid-tour were heaven-sent. As much as Bob and the others loved playing live, the constant energy necessary for photo shoots, interviews, appearances, and concerts was draining. Tomorrow meant twenty-four hours of freedom, and Bob planned on savouring every one.
“We’re going to a club. Wanna come with?” Clay paused by the door.
Bob flopped back on the bed. “I’m beat. I don’t know how you two do it.”
“Scott and I are love machines, man.” Clay grinned and flashed him a thumbs up. “See you in the morning!” And he left.
Dan poked his head into the room. “I’m going to the lobby to do my homework. Later.”
The lobby had a baby grand piano. Bob knew precisely what kind of ‘homework’ his brother was doing. He closed his eyes.
“You look tired,” Carolyn said. She was leaning against the doorframe, still in her crew uniform.
Bob lit up. “Not too tired for company. Wanna watch a movie?”
Carolyn kicked off her shoes and climbed up onto the bed beside him. “You speak German?”
He pressed a kiss to the corner of her mouth. “You could translate for me.”
She wound an arm around his shoulders, kissed him back. “I could. But that’s no fun.”
“I sing for you sometimes,” Bob pointed out.
Carolyn kissed him again. “Now that sounds fun.”
“I’ve been singing all night.”
"I've been translating all night."
“Touché.”
“And here I thought you were learning Spanish.” Carolyn smiled.
Bob wrapped an arm around her waist, tugged her back against his chest. He rested his chin on her shoulder so he could whisper in her ear.
“It’s just us.”
She whispered back. “I know.”
He sang softly, "Baby, let’s do something we’ve never done. We’ll break a few rules and we’ll bend some.”
Carolyn turned to look at him. Her dark eyes were wide. “Robert?”
He wound his other arm around her waist and kissed her again, soft, questioning. Carolyn pulled back, searched his gaze. He lowered his head and pressed his lips to her throat. Her breath hitched, and he could feel her pulse fluttering.
He whispered against her skin, “We can take our time, take it on, take it all in till it’s all gone.”
She turned and pressed herself against him. They kissed, deeply, all open mouths and twining tongues.
Bob reached out and fumbled for the lamp on the nightstand. “All gone,” he whispered, and the light went out.
(408 words; I confess, I don't always go for the subtle undertones of a song)
1 comment:
I like to see the progression of their relationship. Even the back and forth in time posts where they are and then are not dating. Depending on the post of course. A very visual post.
Post a Comment