This week was a little tougher than I thought, I came to realize that it has been a long time since I have read these plays, and some that I have not read at all. I noticed that I turned to the Sonnets, and tried to avoid my first impulse which was to use lines that everyone knows. I did use lines from Macbeth and Midsummer Nights Dream, because I love those plays and are the most familiar with them. I could not resist using some of those pieces. I have come to realize that I need to reread his works. I was also glad that I could work with Nagi on revising my work.
I noted that I used the sonnets like a conversation, or as something written. I like how the Sonnets lend themselves sometimes to a conversation.
All in all, a good writing week.
No comments:
Post a Comment