Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sonnet 116

“Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments,” Duo began.

Heero cocked the hammer of his gun.

Duo lifted his hands in a gesture of surrender, but he continued speaking. “Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the mover to remove.”

Heero took aim.

“O no! It is an ever-fixed mark --”

“Maxwell,” Heero growled.

“You know that’s pretty much what Relena believes,” Duo said. “Of course, she believes that you and she have - or should have, at any rate - a marriage of true minds because you two are true minds. Which you are not - you’re an amateur terrorist and she’s a spoiled prep-school brat with wild notions of saving the world.”

Heero blinked. “What are you saying?”

“I’m saying we have thirty-seven seconds to jump out that window and land in the car Trowa and Wufei are keeping warm before Relena’s team of private investigators figure out where you are and she tells you that she loves you. In person. Again.”

“I thought you were here to kill me.” Heero started for the window.

“Nonsense! If I’d wanted to kill you, you’d already be dead.”

Heero paused. “You called me an amateur.”

Duo pushed him toward the window. “Professionals get paid. What do we get paid in? Colonial betrayal? Get moving!”

Heero nodded grudgingly and slid out onto the fire escape. Duo grinned, pleased with himself.

Heero called over his shoulder, “I hate it when you recite poetry.”

(Word count: 250. I couldn't resist me a little Gundam Wing. Full text of Sonnet 116)

1 comment:

Madness said...

I love gundam wing, and when you incorporate poetry... so much better. :)