Thursday, March 26, 2009

Crossed Lines

Annelise,

It’s better for everyone if I’m gone. There’s been enough trouble, and my staying here will only cause more. I don’t care what anyone says - I love you, and I’ll never stop loving you. What we have together is right, and don’t let anyone tell you differently. Your daddy says I’m just a layabout, but I have money saved up to go to school, and in a few years I’ll own my own garage and make real money. We can have a home and a family and everything you ever dreamed. If you still want to be with me, take the ticket and I’ll meet you at the airport in Atlanta.

Love you always,

Kevin


Dear Kevin,

I don’t know what I did to make you hate me. Why didn’t you tell me you left? I don’t know where you are, or if this letter will even find you. It’s been six months and I haven’t heard a word. I’m sorry if I did anything wrong. Your son will be along any day now. I’m gonna name him Kevin James, after you.

I love you.

Annelise


Annelise,

I just got your letter today. It’s six years too late. When I called your mama’s house she told me you got married last week. I hope you’re happy. I waited at the airport for two days - I thought maybe your plane had been delayed, but you never came. I have my own shop now, and business is doing pretty good, and there’s no one in my heart but you.

Love you always,

Kevin.


Mr. Shaw,

Cease your communication with my daughter immediately. She’s moved on since you left her like you did, and you have no right to turn her life upside down now.

Mrs. Hamilton

Dear Mama,

I found the letter you hid from me the day Kevin left. I love Carl and I won’t leave him, but what you did was wrong. Kevin will know his son. I hope you enjoyed what time you had with your grandson.

Annelise


(340 words)

No comments: