Sunday, March 22, 2009

Overview #18, 19, 20 - All Apologies

Wow, I totally fail at my own rules! Good thing there are no punishments.

The expansion was fun, but I sorta got nailed with writers' block and school midway through. I have no guilt about starting something I don't intend to finish and playing with the characters randomly along the way. The practice in expanding plot was helpful, though.

The object lesson was something I've been meaning to do for a while. I need to learn to observe things from life and get detailed. Getting that detailed in an actual novel is tedious and obnoxious, but learning to spot the fun details and hold onto them, sort out what works and what doesn't, is a good skill for prose or poetry.

A free-write was actually a good way for me to get some creative juices going, mostly in the Dagaz-verse. I need to get to know my boys all over again.

No comments: