This challenge was fun. And I'll admit - it was also sort of an excuse to work a decent plot-line on Bob. There were honestly a couple of different ways I could go with this, since I could've gone for grieving Carolyn, but I didn't think a break-up really warranted the stages of grief. I wasn't sure that, given how shiny and treatable leukemia is these days, Bob's situation really warranted all the stages of grief, but I also remember being a teenager and blowing things out of proportion, and also, treatable or not, there are no guarantees with something like cancer. Also, I needed a good reason for Bob to put Carolyn on the back burner despite how much he loves her.
Still, it was interesting, focusing on a specific emotion and doing what I could with it, and it gave me a chance to explore characters further, and not just Bob's.
No comments:
Post a Comment