Stone had a kind of impatience to it-
like Eddy's solid stare, he knew the rock and
the wind better than me.
Would rather be telling it what to do, rather tossing an
errant pebble into the black sea.
-rather maybe toss me.
Lights like blood in vein and
dark punched out by star stare, he waited
on a tall building worry free.
With a wave of nothing between us
he beckoned down the black street.
-time to jump, to let my death free.
Before he could push me, I jumped-
and did not die-
but wish to the moon I had.
4 comments:
Um. Whoa. Hardcore. Dying for the first time? Now that's something you never forget.
The third stanza thew me a little bit, I was confused by the second line. It took a couple of reads before I caught the image.
The last stanza is just...breathtaking.
Ouch. That last stanza was a knife to the gut. I admit I had to read it through a few times before I understood what was going on. I guess I'm not used to this style of poetry, but I did like it.
I'm working on a new form so bear with me guys, it may be a little rocky for a few pieces. ^.^
Hey, new forms are encouraged, and we hardly expect perfection - this place is to explore our imperfections and whatnot. I love what I've seen recently, so it's all good. :)
Post a Comment