Here it is, another modification to our rules! (Hopefully they won't get too complicated and people are keeping up. Let me know if this business starts to look like the library of Congress.)
Awed Awake inadvertently suggested something that I should have thought of before, so kudos to her for having common sense. The rule on prizes has changed: if you issue a challenge in a given week, you get to pick the winner...and you also get to write the prize. (Saves me the dilemma of having to write for myself.) Reply to this post and let your fellow writers know what fandoms you can write in, what fandoms you won't write in, what types of stories you won't write, and where you will post your shiny gold medals. So we don't overburden each other, prizes are limited to 500 words, but a winner can request a poem if she likes. (Let's face it - all the players at this point are female.)
7 comments:
Winner this last week is Nagi. I will do my best with what you give me to work with so pick your prize. I'm willing to give almost anything a try in writing. I hope you will not be disappointed.
Hmmmm. I'd go for a little Harry Potter, actually. Doesn't have to be Mary Sue, per se, just some Harry Potter. Because I like me Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape (yes, we Slytherins must unite!). In the alternative, I will take a poem.
Also...I will write in the following fandoms:
- Gundam Wing
- Harry Potter
- X-Men (movie-verse or Ultimate-verse)
- Criminal Minds
- Weiß Kreuz
- Night World/Dark Visions/Secret Circle
I will not write:
- non-con
- Alan Moore's universes
- Neil Gaiman's universes
I keep my stories at the Little Shop of Horrors.
I am lame at poetry.
I don't really have a place to stick my fan fiction ( since I don't generally write it) but I'll make a little journal for it or modify an old one once I write someones prize.
I was thinking about what I can write and what I can't and I find myself a bit baffled. Like I said, fanfiction isn't generally my cuppa' but I will give it a shot.
What I can write:
Firefly
Buffy
Harry Potter
True Blood
WoD
Any and all fairy tale adaptions.
What I Will not Write
Twilight .Ugh.
OKAY. I'm going to be back with a vengeance this coming week. So, here's what I will and will not write.
I am the best at poetry, really. I know that would be kind of a weird prize, but it's where my skill lies. However, I can tackle fandoms if need be:
- Harry Potter
- Lord of the Rings
- Shaun of the Dead
- Hot Fuzz
- Phoenix Wright
- True Blood
There are probably others, but those are the ones that I could totally punch in the face with no problems. If you suggest another fandom, I will consider it depending on my knowledge of the fandom. Will do Mary Sue for prizes, even though I tend to steer very clear of it usually.
And I will probably end up posting prizes at my writing journal: http://curving-bullets.livejournal.com
Oh, and I am with Awed. NO TWILIGHT. UGH.
I think we're all in agreement. NO TWILIGHT.
Also, I come offering a new fandom...MERLIN!
Post a Comment