I think Chaos totally won this one, but that's just me. Just...wow. Phenomenal writing from her.
I had a lot of fun with this week. I was worried about being a little too heavy-handed with the characters, having too much drama and not enough light-heartedness. Since Carolyn pretty much had the most apologies to give, I figured giving her one of the light-hearted ones would be good times. I tried to make sure a different person apologized each day. Kevin's apology, I think, was the best, and I hoped it would do something to round him out as a character rather than make him a two-dimensional villain. Clay's apology was pretty much a necessary part of the plot, as was Scott's - both stemmed off of previously-established issues. Bob's apology almost completely jacked up my canon even though I technically do have a canon basis for it. And Dan's apology was...a vehicle. At best. For more Joey.
Still...this prompt was full of awesome. I had all kinds of songs in my head for it, definitely including One Republic's "Apologize", as well as As Yet's "Hard To Say I'm Sorry," and Nirvana's "All Apologies". Heh. I like prompts that trigger songs.
Madness, the choice of winner is yours.
1 comment:
I agree. Chaos, your writing this week was amazing! Really cut to he heart.
I'll give a try to just about any fandom, or if you like a poem or something. Let me know.
Post a Comment