Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Fruits of Acquiescence

“So we’re going out on Friday night?” Apollo asked.

Cassandra nodded. “Pick me up at eight?”

Apollo broke into a wide smile, then snapped the reins of his chariot, and the sun took off across the sky.

“What now?” Hecuba asked.

Cassandra leaned over the battlements of the city walls and watched the Greek soldiers hauling the giant wooden gift horse into place.

“I guess I should tell Father and the others that the horse is a trap,” she said.

Hecuba looked skeptical. “You’re a woman. Why would they believe you?”

“Because I can see things,” Cassandra said. “Important things.”

1 comment:

Lydia said...

hi Nagi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!