Cedric straightened his robes with nervous hands, smoothed down his hair. He didn’t know why he was nervous, because his friends kept telling him - he was the true champion of Hogwarts, prefect, seeker.
He was also just Cedric. He didn’t know what he'd do if she said no.
He found her in the library studying, alone. “Will you...go to the ball with me?”
Hermione looked flustered, surprised; it was over when she smiled like that. “I’m sorry. Someone’s already asked me.”
Cedric nodded and turned away before he could embarrass himself more. On the way out, he spotted Cho.
1 comment:
As I said I really liked the difference in perspective, Cedric being shy and insecure rather than the charming person we always assume that he is. The fact that he feels he is embarrassing himself...
I am sure that as I become a better writer I will have better insights into your writing as well.
As always I love your writing.
Post a Comment