Sunday, June 21, 2009

Overview #31 - Dreams

So this didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to. When I started with Naoya, I had grand visions of painting surrealist worlds with words alone, because dreams are so rarely linear and rarely clear, but I ended up...torturing Bob and Carolyn some more. Which is, admittedly, pretty mean of me. It was interesting not to write any dialogue, which was good practice. I think I got some good description in there, but in a couple of places I can see my attempts at description go awry. Either way, it was a definite learning experience for me, and one that I enjoyed. The exercise made me think back on dreams that I've had, the ones that were completely unreal, the ones that seemed so real I was still terrified when I woke up, and the ones that I like to have over and over again. (I will confess, more than once in my life I've fallen asleep to 2BP on my iPod, and it has done weird things to my dreams.)

It's a good thing Freud wasn't hanging around this blog, hm?

No comments: