Sunday, June 21, 2009
Overview #31 - Dreams
This week didn't go as I planned. I had thought to give greater insight into the characters by their dreams, but that didn't really happen. I found myself giving premonitions or visions almost to their dreams. Like Steven's a vision of David dying, or Joe's seeing the battles of the world in his sleep. I have come to realize that I pick on Joe quite a bit. If there is abuse to be given, Joe usually gets it. I should really stop abusing him so much. Mark and Bryan tend to have it easier. Steve gets plenty of abuse and David gets his fair share. I hipe I am able to define my characters more in the weeks to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There's nothing wrong with dreams as visions or premonitions. They can be pretty awesome plot devices so long as you use them properly. I think dreams and premonitions are a lot of fun.
I like dreams as fears, too. Or revelations about self. The way a dream runs, i.e. surreal or black-and-white, coloured or people with no faces, can say a lot about who a character is, but what they dream about can say lots, too. So you did pretty good, all things considered.
Post a Comment