Every part of me is
breaking
and the words refuse
to come out right
or wrong
or none at all
I wish I could fix it
I wish I could tell her
how stupid she is
for giving up a gift
that I sometimes wished
for
but that is not what he
needs
what she needs
I am a force caught
in
between
fighting a losing battle
with no way out
but to listen
and offer precarious
words of wisdom
that I do not know
if I even believe
so bury my heart
next to his
because sympathy
is all I have to give.
(104 words)
3 comments:
The sheer lack of punctuation totally threw me off. With the line breaks it made some sense, and I liked some of the line breaks like the white space for "in/between" and I liked the "bury my heart next to his" but...this felt abstract for me. Even though I'm pretty sure I know precisely what it's about.
I named it "Stream" because it was written more as a stream of consciousness than with any poetic form in mind. I just needed it out. I know it's not that great.
The specific meaning behind your title occurred to me after I posted my comment.
But at least you got it out.
Post a Comment