The air was cool and crisp upon the flight deck. Even as the subtle, sweet taste of ozone numbed Higo’s lips - his form held true. The heavy, military-issue cargo hakama billowed under the steady breeze, but popped and snapped loudly as he moved surgically through his kata. The large pockets muffled the sound of loose, brass-jacketed shells within. Higo’s black long-rifle moved seamlessly with his body. While the old rifle was a relic in this age of airships and magnetic rail cannons, it was tradition that all Kurokaze pilots understand the intricacies to wielding one.
(98 words)
1 comment:
Oh man, Steampunk Samurai. I love it so, so much!
*cough* Sorry. Fangirl squee done.
The scene is totally alive with description - I can hear and see your man so clearly. The little details that build the world as well as your character are pretty darn awesome. Kurokaze - black wind?
I can see his dedication and his form, the years of training that went into who he is.
That being said, I have little sense of the rest of his personality. But...you could do super awesome things with this. If we were voting, I'd say I want to see lots develop with this character.
Post a Comment