Friday, October 31, 2008
The King of Halloween
He perched on a flat, broad bough with a set of pipes, festooning the air with a merry tune. His skin, unblemished bronze, glimmered green in the moonlight. A pair of stag antlers, high and branching, were nestled in his curly hair - red-brown and wild - and he wore a crown of oak leaves and acorns. His hands were nicked with scars from long use with weapons, and his body was lean, strong. When asked who he was, he said he was Cernnunos, Weiryn, Herne, Korneli, Pan, Pashupati, the Green Man. No matter his name, he was King of Samhain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry I have been so nastily slacker-ish, it had been a hellish few days. But to make up for it I will post thrice today.
I loved the imagery in this one, that Halloween and this character embrace all the cultures of the world. I especially liked the descriptions of his antlers and his skin, I could see him in my minds eye.
Once again I bow to the Master. :)
Post a Comment