He’d heard Eileen tell him - she was a witch. She wasn’t fair of face, and local rumor was she was something of a harridan, but she’d seen something in him - simple Tobias, lowly factory worker - that made him feel like a man, like he could be loved despite his rough speech and clumsy gestures. He hadn’t realized Eileen’s being a witch meant his son - only son, heir, last of the noble Yorkshire line - would be a wizard.
A freak.
A dark-eyed mite too smart for his own good who mumbled half-baked Latin and moved things with his mind.
2 comments:
I am not sure who this one is about, but I really liked it. The 'mad him feel like a man, like he could be loved' is a great line, I think to many people these days feel that they are not worthy to be loved.
Again a great piece.
Ah. I went for someone who is pretty well ignored in fandom. Tobias Snape, actually. (Eileen Prince was Severus Snape's mother.) Snape's hatred toward muggles had to start somewhere.
Post a Comment