“I’m looking at you through the glass. Don’t know how much time has passed.”
He stared through the windows out at the wide world. It was a vastly different perspective. Everything was bigger, brighter - and uglier. Warped and distended beyond recognition. He didn’t like it.
“No one ever tells you that forever feels like home, sitting all alone inside your head.” He sang to himself, a song he’d heard on the radio, one he found especially appropriate to his situation.
“Devon, you’re singing again,” Sarah said.
He glanced up from the book he was reading. “No I’m not.”
“Not aloud, obviously, but your little telepathic chorus line is grating on my nerves.” Sarah rubbed her forehead and glared at her math homework.
Devon’s eyes narrowed, and his eyes glazed over as he focused inward. Then he heard it, the soft singing from inside his own mind.
Shut up, he said.
Make me. You’ll only hurt yourself.
Shut up before I destroy you.
Your employer told you to keep my consciousness in yours. He won’t be happy if I’m damaged.
If you don’t shut up now, I’ll let Sarah have at you with her telekinesis when you’re back in your body.
(Word count: 200. Lyrics are here; music video is here)
1 comment:
I liked the back and forth between Devon and the voice in his mind. I also liked the like Telepathic chorus line. I laughed at this one.
Post a Comment