Saturday, November 22, 2008

Here Comes the Snake

“What happened to the music?” Alice asked.

“I don’t know,” Lily said. She craned her neck and peered over the crowd. Someone had interrupted the DJ - Remus - and now he stood beside his victrola, looking puzzled.

“I want to dance.” Alice tossed her head impatiently.

“There goes Lucius,” Lily said, and heads turned as Lucius, smart and sharp in a black zoot suit shot through with green pinstripes, headed up onto the stage.

“D’you think he’s out to stop our fun with his conservative nonsense?” Alice asked.

“Not dressed like that,” Lily said, and stared. He had a fedora tipped low over his face, so only one eye showed. His white-blond hair gleamed in the dim light.

“Here comes the snake,” someone shouted. The crowd parted to let Severus through. He wore an ill-fitting black suit and carried a trumpet. He climbed up onto the stage beside Lucius, and incredulous whispers spread through the crowd.

A chorus of hisses rose, and the crowd laughed.

“Precisely,” Lucius said, and a microphone appeared in his hand. Severus sounded the first note on his trumpet, and music swelled.

Lucius began to sing. 


“Here comes the snake and he circles your leg...”

(Word count: 200; couldn't resist this for fandom; lyrics; don't mind the anime, just watch the video

1 comment:

Madness said...

That one was so much fun!! I also loved the take on the fandom. Portraying Lucius as sexy, that as good.

The swing tune was fantastic! it reminds me of Russell.

I absolutely loved it.