Monday, June 8, 2009

Overview #29 - Poetic Moments

Okay, so I couldn't get into my poetry groove this week. I don't really know what happened, but I felt like I was forcing it all week. Nothing wanted to come, or if anything did, it sounded juvenile and ridiculous. Normally poetry is one of my stronger points, and it was frustrating that nothing would turn out. I guess I have been writing prose for to long. Most of my poems this week turned out to be more prose-ish with line breaks. I also know that some kind of leave you hanging, but I thought better to end it than to try to carry on and make it horrible. This next week should be better.

1 comment:

Nagi said...

Well, then this is proof that we should do more poetry challenges, I guess. I know Poetry is Jade's thing, so maybe she can give us tips for those. But at least you put in the effort and learned, and that's what counts. It's not falling down that makes you a failure, but falling down without getting up, and you got up, shook yourself off, and marched forward.