Write a scene, 100-500 words long, set to a particular song. Not a songfic, and don't include the lyrics. Just pick a song that has inspired you, the sort of song you envision as a backdrop to a scene you're writing as if that scene is from a movie instead of from a book or story, and write. Then post a link to the song (maybe a YouTube vid with the song as a background or something) so that your readers can listen to the song while they read what you wrote and run with it that way. It doesn't even have to be a modern song - it could be a classical or instrumental piece. Just pick a song that you'd love to have on the soundtrack of your "movie" and enjoy the ride.
Post the name of the song and the artist who sang it, if you please.
ETA: try not to use a song you used in a previous project.
3 comments:
HOLY CRAP.
This is going to be the best week EVER.
Hopefully... hehe.
I hope so. I have a feeling I'll see lots of Ben Folds. Who knows what you'll see from me. I expect it'll be pathetically predictable, actually. I'm refraining from using The General because I've used it in stories before. Who knows what we'll get? And we'll learn each other's music.
Ohhh. This should be fun! I already have a scene in mind...
Post a Comment