Monday, July 13, 2009

The Ghost

Ethereal, floating
on the wind,
nothing could touch you.
Nothing to feel.

And nothing would hurt you.

A ghost,
you slip past existence.
Pushing through,
passing on.

With no one to say your name.

Keener senses
cannot lie.
A muffled cry,
and whispers in the dark.

I can still feel you.

You search for something
as I, unable to fill that wanting
void,
stumble quietly through grief.

Do not despair, you will say.

For I am neither living, nor dead.
Just a ghost.

(83 words)

2 comments:

Madness said...

Oh wow.

Chaos, your poetry moves me. It's as if you see to the heart of all emotions, and can come up with the words to express it.

Nagi said...

I love your sense of sound, the internal beauty without the choppy sing-song of traditional end-rhyme. Maybe it's late and maybe my empathy button is broken, but I could not put a name to this emotion. (I can barely put a name to my emotions, so there you go.) But the last three lines...oh. It was resignation and numbness. I liked it.