Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chantelle Murane

Chanti’s hands were bloody with pin-pricks because she’d spent all night repairing garb for the rest of the True Ballentines. They would look striking in battle at War, and even if they forgot why they looked so good, she would fight boldly alongside them.

In the corner, her latest painting dried. She’d work on it some more, even before the pain subsided, because she could hold a paintbrush, and why not put some blood into her work? She tossed her head, forcing brown hair out of bright eyes, and wondered if Xander would agree to a pink portrait background.

2 comments:

Madness said...

She feels very strong, someone who is dependable but at the same time mostly overlooked.

I like the blood into her painting, it shows a depth of connection to her work.

I would be very interested to hear the story behind this character.

Nagi said...

Chantelle Murane is Chanti on Heavy Noir. I wanted to do drabbles for each of the Heavy Noir characters like I did for the Dagaz characters, so I'm taking the opportunity to do so.