Saturday, November 15, 2008

Overview #4 Random word

Well I had fun this week, I worked mostly on prose but I got a poem out there after being inspired. I'll admit that I have a angst streak running through my writing at present, but sometimes angst makes for great plot and is a good vehicle to express your characters personality. Though I know I should be careful not to let it get to angsty, after all, who wants to read depressing, angry stuff all the time.
I enjoyed working with a new story line, it just started from the random oneword, but it seemed to fit with the random words during the week.
I sill need to work on grammar, but the content of my writing I feel is improving. I liked seeing the different takes that each of us had on a word. I know that even if we went like that for a long time, we would never have the same idea for how to treat each word.
I think by using the random words, this really creates opportunities for new stories to develop. The possible story in the Cathedral, the continuing story of Kim and David, the mysterious singer. I really had a good time this week. I love how one word can bring about an entire story.

(Next week is to you Master)

No comments: