Friday, June 5, 2009

Clocking Out

The forgetful delights
of a Friday night
stretch their lazy
and wild
possibilities before me.

As we near another
full moon
I breathe deep the scent of
summertime blues
and burning fires.

Loud music and
loud talk amidst
empty shot glasses
and cigarette ashes
call me.

This night will not
be one of vice
but of sly smiles
piano notes
and that beautiful disease

I call nostalgia.

(67 words)

2 comments:

Madness said...

I liked this one a lot Chaos. I can relate almost exactly to this. Especially today. I only get every other weekend off, and so I know the feeling.
I think you captured this beautifully, and the title was great.

Nagi said...

Oh. This totally brought on the nostalgia for me, although nights with shot glasses had a few less cigarette ashes for me. I loved the synesthesia of he third and fourth lines of the second stanza.

I'm a bit confused at the title, though.

The last two stanzas stole my heart.