Thursday, June 4, 2009

Two to Go

It’s the seventh inning stretch,
The victory lap after one thousand
Two hundred and
Sixty-one
Pages read.

It’s the slide of the rib cage,
The twist of the shoulders,
Circling the ribs and shimmying the hips.

It’s drums and zills
And imaginary coins,
An eight-eight masterpiece
To a woman wailing in Arabic.

It’s the best way to work out the
Kinks
After six hours of work.

Two to go.

(71 words)

3 comments:

Madness said...

The stress reliever that is belly dacing. I like the feelings to this. I know how you feel when it comes to being the end of shift.

Chaos said...

The line breaks in this are fan-freakin'-tastic. They give you the feeling of stiffness after sitting for hours on end, and the eventual seventh inning stretch, as you put it. Excellent work.

Nagi said...

Thanks! I totally wrote it after taking just such a seventh inning stretch. Apparently some dude walking by while I was dancing was entertained.