Thursday, November 6, 2008

Garain, the Godess

Original Tell: Her smile was the sun and her tears the life of the world.

Showing:

Garain willed herself into life. She blinked in confusion for a moment, and realized that she was strong. Grinning widely, Garain ran the length and breadth of the world, from ocean to ocean she laughed.

Garain skidded to a halt, she did not know what that sound was, but she intended to find out, Stooping low she saw a small girl, tears running down her cheeks.

'I wonder if I can do that too,' Garain thought, trying to cry.

The heavens thundered down a storm.

“Don't cry little one,” Garain said smiling, and the sun shined again.

“Peace be to you.”

2 comments:

Nagi said...

I love how she willed herself into life. It's powerful and subtle and totally amazing - she is definitely a Goddess. I like her name, too. I'm not sure about "skidded to a halt" - it has some serious cartoon-skidding-leaving-wake-of-dust imagery to it, especially as she's a goddess, even though she's new at it. I do love the crying moments - that's fantastic and fantastical. I don't know that "shined" is the right word - "shone", I think, is what you're looking for. But well done! I was wondering if we'd see her again.

Madness said...

Yup, she doesn't really have a happy home yet, but she will.