Sunday, November 2, 2008

Overview #1 Original and HP-Verse

Okay, since I have never done an overview before, don't be to disappointed if it sucks.

HP-Verse:

I did notice that I stayed away for the most part from the main characters, picking one's that do not have to much cannon to them, so that I could explore or rather put in what I wanted. Which might have been a mistake, I mean picking a character like the centaurs, while interesting and fun, because there is not much cannon to them I probably took to much liberty with them. Also with a couple of other less known characters. I also did to much telling and not enough showing, but of course I need to work on that.

Original Characters:

I actually had a tougher time of this than the HP-Verse. My characters are not so well fleshed out to make it easy at times, and also not as well developed as I would have liked, going into the project. Many of the characters are in fact part of the same grouping of people, Their story is developing but does not really have a set story yet, so their personalities change. I again did more telling than showing. My grammar mistakes I think are getting better, at least there are fewer of them.

1 comment:

Nagi said...

I did have an advantage as far as original characters go because, it's true, I have several established universes to work from and I've probably written more about the characters, so condensing them down to 100 words was easier for me.

I said it before, but it bears mentioning again, your choice with the centaurs in HP-verse was amazing.