Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jesse Carlisle: once more with feeling

Original tell: On the dimly-lit stage in a crowded coffee shop, he was a musician instead of a superstar.

Showing:

The coffee shop was crowded with students from the local university, and they were too busy to chatting about Foucault and Descartes to pay attention to the boy perched on the three-legged stool, strumming at a battered acoustic guitar. Jesse kept his head low and his hat pulled over his hair and played determinedly, willing his hands not to forget the chords. These same students - mostly female - had screamed his name and thronged for him at the premiere last night in Leicester Square. Now they looked right at him and applauded politely, unseeing, and he was glad for it.

3 comments:

Madness said...

I like the sense of anonymity in a crowded space. Also how he can live two lives, much like our beloved Jade.

Again very good.

Nagi said...

Thanks! I do like the two lives thing. I was thinking, so that the Dagaz doesn't become completely fanfic'ed to death, I'd use him as a replacement for RPattz. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Madness said...

I like that idea... is he just someone you made up or does he exist somewhere?