Original telling: she was just as brittle to break [as iron].
Showing:
“He almost died,” Genevieve said.
Meg was still as stone, barely breathing.
“Your plan was risky. You’d never let your shinobi try it, would you?” Genevieve continued.
Meg said nothing.
“She’d have let her shinobi do it,” Lawrence said. “But they’ve had a lifetime of training for moments like that. For acting like bait. For a serial killer.”
“Why did you do it?” Elizabetta asked. “You love him.”
“That’s why she did it,” Lawrence said. “She’d rather he be dead than she have to deal face herself.”
Meg sank to her knees and drew her tanto. She said, “Hara kiri.”
2 comments:
wow!!! I wish I knew the rest of the story as it is!!!
I don't understand all of it. What is a Shinobi?
and I get Hara Kiri, she is going to kill herself, yes?
I loved it!!
*bows in praise*
Ah. "Shinobi" is a type of ninja. There are two types that I know of, Shinobi and Onmitsu. One type is spies, the other type is assassins. There's a special name for female ninjas which, in retrospect, I should have used, which is kunoichi.
Post a Comment